Scholarship for women
Information for applicants for funds
from the prize money for the promotion of women
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science was awarded the Women's Promotion Prize in the category “Completed doctorates” as part of the target agreements between the university management and the faculties for the further development of equal opportunities. Part of the prize money will go to a scholarship program for postdocs, habilitation candidates, junior professors, junior research group leaders and doctoral students who are members of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science at the University of Bayreuth, as decided by the Faculty Council. The scholarships are awarded for research work/scientific further qualification (details under General Information), where childcare costs are incurred that are not otherwise covered by any funding.
Eligible are women with child(ren) who incur costs for childcare (incl. babysitting costs, travel costs to care for relatives, etc.) on the occasion of attending scientific meetings, conferences, field research, etc. (incl. babysitting costs, travel costs to relatives in care, etc.) for which there are no reimbursement possibilities.
- Applications can be submitted once a year, regardless of when the corresponding conference/meeting takes place (1st or 2nd half of the year).
- Only one application can be submitted per scientist.
- A maximum of 500 EUR per applicant and year will be awarded.
- Applications should be sent to the Women's Representative via the Dean's Office.
- The application form can be found here.
- After receipt of the funds or completion of the conference/meeting, etc., but no later than December 31 of the year of the grant, a brief report on the use of the funds must be submitted to the dean's office.
Special application for fathers:
Giving special reaons for the need for care, fathers with child(ren) may also apply. In particular, the status as a single parent, a job of the child's mother or the illness of the actual caregiver are considered special reasons.
The Women's Representative of the Faculty, together with his or her deputies, reviews the applications received and prepares a proposal for the awarding and, if necessary, ranking of the scholarships, on which the Dean of the Faculty decides. The department I/1 b, scholarship affairs, issues the scholarship notices after a positive decision.
Feel free to contact the Women's Representatives of the Faculty if you have further questions:
Prof. Dr. Wim Martens, Phone 7750, E-Mail
Prof. Dr. Melanie Birke, Phone 3289, E-Mail
Prof. Dr. Anna Köhler, Phone 2600, E-Mail